Upcoming events (contact us via email or Facebook to participate):
January 14-21: YMUN delegation (NY, CT)
January 18: MEDIMUN and YachadMUN training session
January 25: Meeting with the Ambassador of Cyprus, H.E. Ms. Thessalia-Salina Shambos, in anticipation of the MEDIMUN 2019 delegation.
January 29: YachadMUN delegation
February 1: Briefing with the Embassy of Guatemala
February 7-10 MEDIMUN delegation (Cyprus)
February 14-19 Empathy Storytelling Delegation (Netherlands)
February 20-25: RESOLVE Youth exchange (London)
February 22: Briefing with the Embassy of Costa Rica
March 6-7 GALMUN delegation
April 14-18: JLMUN conference
See the full integrative national MUN conference schedule here.
- April 28-May 1 National delegation to BTMUN in Botosani, Romania
- Friday May 19, 2017: Debate for Peace briefing at the American Embassy with Yoni Eshpar, Political Adviser to the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process (UNSCO)
- Friday June 2, 2017: Debate for Peace briefing at the home of the Ambassador of Switzerland, H.E. Mr. Jean-Daniel Ruch
- Friday June 9, 2017: Debate for Peace briefing and simulation at the Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office (DfP alumni)
- Friday July 7, 2017: Debate for Peace briefing at the American Embassy with Yoni Eshpar, Political Adviser to the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process (UNSCO)
- Friday July 14th, 2017: Debate for Peace briefing with the Ambassador of Cyprus, H.E. Ms. Thessalia-Salina Shambos.
- Monday July 17, 2017: NAHDAMUN conference in Kufr Qara. Read more here.
- Friday July 21 and Friday July 28, Debate for Peace delegation to a special Israeli-Palestinian Congress with Minds of Peace and the Charney Resolution Center at the Kfar Hayarok youth village.
- Wednesday August 30: Debate for Peace delegation attended the address of the UN Secretary General Mr. Antonio Guterres, at Tel Aviv University.
- Friday September 8: First teacher training session
- Friday September 15: Student leadership opening meeting @ the US Embassy
- October 19-21: Debate for Peace presented our MUN conflict resolution and dialogue model at the European Parliament at an event organized by EPMED.
- October 24: Or Moshe represented Debate for Peace at the 2017 United Nations Day Ceremony.
- October 27: Debate for Peace meeting at the Embassy of Belgium
- October 30: NYU Alumni and the US Embassy partner to host a Debate for Peace panel on “Youth empowerment in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict”
- October 30: Aviv Hanuka represented Debate for Peace at the Korean Embassy National Day celebration
- Thursday November 2: Opening Debate for Peace conference for 2017-2018 academic year hosted by Bashaer School in Sakhnin.
- Friday, November 10: Meeting with H.E. Ambassador Bardhyl Canaj at the Albanian Embassy.
- December 1-5: DfP Delegation to Kosovo MUN
- December 22: Meeting with H.E. Ambassador Nathaniel Imperial at the Philippines Embassy.
- January 5: Debate for Peace briefing at the American Embassy with Yoni Eshpar, Political Adviser to the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process (UNSCO).
- January 12: MUN Skills Workshop 1 with the Cohen Idov Center for Debate and Public Speaking.
- January 25: MUN Skills Workshop 2: Resolution Writing with Daniel Gindis
- January 26: Meeting with the Ambassador of Cyprus, H.E. Ms. Thessalia-Salina Shambos
- February 2: MUN Skills Workshop 3 with the Cohen Idov Center for Debate and Public Speaking.
- February 2-3: Leadership retreat in Tel Aviv.
- February 6: Debate for Peace and YES students meeting with Ms. Lynn Roche, Director of Public Diplomacy, Near Eastern Affairs.
- February 9-11: DfP Delegation to MEDIMUN (Cyprus).
- February 10-15: Debate for Peace students participate in the AIM trip: Brussels to Israel-Palestine
- February 23: Volunteering (Tel Aviv)
- February 27: QASMUN in Baqa al-Gharabiya
- March 2: British Embassy briefing (Tel Aviv)
- March 9: Training session (Negev)
- March 16: Training session (Tel Aviv)
- March 23: Spanish Embassy briefing (Tel Aviv)
- April 12: Volunteering day together with the YES program (Tel Aviv)
- April 20: Music for Dialogue (Tel Aviv)
- April 26: Debate for Peace delegation to ARMUN
- April 27: Volunteering day together with the YES program (Tel Aviv) and NYU Alumni Club Tel Aviv
- May 4: Volunteering day (Tel Aviv)
- May 13: DfP Presentation at the Ahmadiyya Muslim community of Chicago
- May 31: DfP Iftaar
- June 8: French Embassy briefing (Tel Aviv)
- June 15: Briefing with Dr. Shadman Zaman (Tel Aviv)
- June 21: End of Year celebration hosted by US Embassy Cultural Attache Jonathan Berger
- June 22-23: Workshop in Jerusalem with the Hand in Hand school and a Syrian Jewish delegation visiting from NY (Sabra Institute)
- June 29: Sports and picnic day
- July 5-10 Debate for Peace participation in the Changemaker Exchange in Amsterdam
- July 13: Visit to the Peace Collection of Devorah and Dr. Eli Fischer and discussion on Peace
- July 20: Volunteering
- July 27: Meeting with the Ambassador of Slovenia, H.E. Ms. Barbara Susnik
- August 3: Discussion on Refugees and LGBT rights (US Embassy)
- August 10: Volunteering
- August 12-16: Debate for Peace delegation to Tel Aviv MUN conference
- August 12: Meeting with Teens for Unity in Jerusalem
- August 12-19 Debate for Peace visits the San Francisco-Bay area.
- August 15: Workshop on writing study guides and chairing (US Embassy)
- August 17: Skyping with peace activists in Iraqi Kurdistan and Gaza
- August 26: Opening meeting for 2018 Fellows
- August 31: “Overcoming war to become a social entrepreneur” (guest speaker)
- September 7: “Promoting peace in and out of the army” with Hen Mazzig
- September 14: Intro to debate and logic
- October 5: Briefing with Yoni Eshpar, Political Adviser to the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process (UNSCO)
- October 5-6: Leadership retreat in Dimona
- October 10: HadassimMUN
- October 11-12: Food for Thought program sponsored by the US Embassy
- November 8: BashaerMUN
- November 9: Briefing at the home of the Ambassador of Switzerland, H.E. Mr. Jean-Daniel Ruch
- November 14-21: OXIMUN delegation (Oxford, London)
- November 23 Volunteering
- November 30 KIMUN Prep
- December 2-9: KIMUN delegation (Tirana, Kosovo)
- December 14: Volunteering
- December 21: Tips for winning awards
- December 28: Dr. Omer Salem: Quranic interpretation and Jewish-Muslim cooperation
- January 4: Yale MUN preparation
- January 10: TiqvaMUN delegation